Thursday 23 December 2010

Price List...


Unless there's something I've forgotten or don't know about yet, here is the total bill for me to achieve full legal status as a female :


Application for gender recognition :  £30.00  (would have been more but I got a doctor's report free and got my stat dec signed for free by a kindly barrister)


Petition for divorce and decree nisi :   £340.00  (OUCH!)


Get Decree Absolut :   £45.00  (also full gender recognition cert issued at the same time)


Civil Partnership notification fee :   £67.00   (even though we are exempt from 
giving notice - we still have to pay the fee.  Go figure.)


Civil Partnership :  £40.00


Civil Partnership Certificate :  £3.50


TOTAL :   £525.50   !!!


All so I can get legal recognition as something I already am... a girlie !!


Mind you, some people spend that on a handbag.  Spending this money now means that I will be legally female for the rest of my life - and will even have been born a female on the 31st August 1974, seeing as my birth certificate will be changed.


So you might almost call it a bargain.


Er... almost.

















No comments:

Post a Comment