Friday 14 January 2011

Another letter...


These scissors are my idea of a joke - sorry.


Another letter today - this time from my shrink to my doctor updating him and... well you'll see if you read it.  In case you are wondering I do edit these letters and take out the personal bits!!   I just think getting this stuff out there increases people's knowledge of the trans experience.


Dear Dr Davies


I saw the above named in the Gender Identity Clinic on 13 December 2010 where she arrived early and was seen 30 minutes late owing to an administrative error.


[ strange bit of detail ? - jaye ]


I understand she continues to prosper at her job with Maidstone Borough Council and her revenue and benefits department is due to merge with that at Tunbridge Wells.  She thinks her job is still to remain secure.


Her relationship is intact and her son continues to prosper at school, particularly since she became a governor at the school that she attends  [ ?? ]


She is due, as I understand it, a thyroid cartilage reduction, which hasn't yet come to pass and I will ask the ENT surgeons to make haste with this since, given her long thin body shape, it is something that is going to be very useful to her.


She is very pleased with the results of hormone treatment, paricularly since Decapeptyl started.  She describes her emotional range as fuller...


She is pleased with breast growth, aware that it will always be fairly small given her build.


She describes occasional trouble with teenagers but otherwise appears to be prospering in her life and given that she now has a hormonal milieu which will most closely reproduce that after gender reassignment surgery, I would for my own part be supportive of such surgery, particularly given that she has worked as a woman for at least the last 2 years and more, most likely.


Her next appointment will be a second opinion with regard to that surgery.


James Barrett BSC MSC FRC Psych
Consultant Psychiatrist / Lean Clinician




  













No comments:

Post a Comment