Wednesday 13 October 2010

Email to the Head of my local school...




Hi

My name is Mrs Jaye Butler-Moore, I came into the school in person today to make a complaint about the behaviour of students wearing your school uniform this morning -  I was told to put the complaint in writing by email for your attention.

Basically, I am suffering an increased amount of abuse from teenagers and children in this village because I am transgender.  So, I live as a female and am undergoing treatment with hormones etc - I am currently under the care of Charing Cross Hospital Gender Identity Clinic.

There is nothing new about the abuse - I have been in touch with the police about it before and they've been very helpful, but the frequency and aggression of these attacks is increasing.  It was especially alarming to me this morning that children wearing your school uniform were brazenly shouting abuse at me - it just seems that they think this behaviour is acceptable and carries no consequence.

I am sorry to subject you to this but I will give you examples of what is shouted at me, so you can understand the severity of the incidents : 

Fuck off tranny   (that was shouted at me this morning)
Tranny
Tranny Boy
Queer
Fucking Queer
You're fucking disgusting
You're a fucking joke
Transvestite
Wanker
Transvestite cunt

It really is appalling - especially when you consider that these things are often shouted at me when I'm with my nine year old son.

Also, every teenager and child in this village seems to know what car I drive so the abuse doesn't even stop when I am driving around - the comments are shouted at my car.

I really hope you can take some action on this.  It's always difficult to pinpoint which child said what - when you face them none of them will admit it.  These things are invariably shouted to my back.

I just want them to realise how upsetting and frightening this is - and that it's a crime.

I am involved in Hoo schools as a parent governor at the Primary School, and I am an ex-student of your school myself - so I would be prepared to come in and talk to the students about what being transgender is or to work with you on some kind of training for them on this subject.  I am sure they are entirely ignorant about this issue and the seriousness of what they are doing.

As it is I am getting scared to walk out my front door - but I refuse to give in to this. 

I am sure you will be horrified to hear about this and will take some kind of action.

Thank you so much for your time,


Jaye Butler-Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment