Monday 23 August 2010

Quick Update...


Phew - just got home from the hospital and back again tomorrow morning so barely got time for this update!!


So, apparently I am very far ahead where they would expect me to be.  I think basically they're surprised that I have already done my two years - but that was because I did it while waiting for appointments to see them!!


I realised it had to be done as soon as possible - and it's paid off because they think I can now apply for my gender recognition certificate and I will probably get one!   yay, yay and double yay!!


Apparently I should have had the testosterone depletion treatment before now so I have a letter to give to my doctor asking for that - it will take my testosterone level down from an outrageous 17 to about 3 - the normal female level.  woop!  I have to have the injection in my bum though - boo (ouch).


And my oestrogen dose will be doubled in about another month!  yay again!


So I have a lot to be getting on with - I really hope the GRC thing is okay as that will be a massive step.  My legal status will then be female and I can even change my birth certificate... or correct it (as I see it).


Back tomorrow for an appointment at ENT - I will be finding out what they can do about my adams apple...  









No comments:

Post a Comment